Rolling Call for Collaborative Research and Development Projects, March 2017
The aim of this call is to assist the industrial and research communities to work together to stimulate innovation in the transport equipment manufacturing sector (TEM). We are seeking SME led projects from any technology, engineering or industrial area within TEM involving a collaboration with at least one UK-based HEI/Research Institute. The project may involve more than one SME but SMEs must be based in the D2N2 area in order to receive funding. HEI/Research Institutions can be based within or outside the area.
Eligible R&D projects may address any challenges pertinent to the TEM sector without restrictions. Projects may cover (but are not limited to) the following:
- Manufacturing processes (eg. additive manufacturing, digital manufacturing, nano-manufacturing, sensing, measurement, process control)
- Low carbon (eg. lightweighting, alternative fuels, recycling, energy saving)
- Materials (eg. composites, bio-composites)
- Intelligent Mobility (eg. autonomous vehicles, modelling, visualisation, human-machine interaction, tracking)
- Infrastructure (eg. roads, lighting, railways, signalling, airports)
- Safety (eg. crashworthiness, risk management)
- Security (eg. cyber, passenger, cargo)
- Application of other emerging/enabling technologies (eg big data, satellite data)
The collaborative project can last from 3 months (feasibility studies) up to the end date of 31 December 2018, or any suitable time period in between. Potential project goals may include:
- the acquisition or application of new knowledge and skills for developing new or significantly improved products, processes or services
- establishing the commercial viability or exploitation opportunities of a potential product, process or service
- enabling the collaborator(s) to bid for future funding from other sources in order to take product, process or service towards commercialisation
To be eligible the project must involve a genuine collaboration with a UK HEI/Research institute. Each partner must benefit from the project activities/outcomes.
The full call document can be found here: GTR_TEM CRD Rolling Call
To request an application pack please contact The iNet on 01509 635270 or email email@example.com
Submission deadline: Noon, 15th day of each month up to and including 15th October 2017, subject to availability of funding.