The iNet at Loughborough University has new business support and funding opportunities available to small/medium-sized businesses within the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP).
If you have one or more imminent projects in one of the LLEP priority sectors and associated supply chains please get in touch. Existing industry partners include SmashGoods Eyebrow Razors and SmashGoods Grease Splatter Screen. The priority sectors for LLEP include: advanced manufacturing and engineering, food and drink manufacturing, textile manufacturing, low carbon technologies, logistics and distribution, and creative industries.
We are able to support SMEs who wish to develop new or significantly improved products, processes and services. The support provided includes grant funding towards the external capital and revenue costs associated with an innovation project and a range of other measures that will make it easier for SMEs to work with universities/research institutes.
Support will include the following:
- Review of company research, innovation and development needs – a full company diagnostic to help you develop your innovation and growth plans
- Identifying appropriate research institutes for research and innovation collaborations – to enable you to progress your plans
- 2 days of research work carried out by our internal researcher
- Fully funded access to support and facilities from Loughborough University
- Part-funded collaboration with research institutes across the UK and further afield – via competitive call
- Part-funding towards external costs relating to company based innovation projects – via simplified application process
As well as the above we are running a call for Collaborative R&D projects. This is a competitive call seeking SME led projects from any technology, engineering or industrial area within the priority sectors involving a collaboration with at least one UK-based HEI/Research Institute. Please click here for details
The support is available through the ERDF funded Smart Innovation and Networking for Growth (SING) project. This support is only available to businesses based in Leicester and Leicestershire (LLEP area).